Friday 24 June 2011

A thoughtful mother's day gift and a black desk






One day talking to my step daughter I mentioned that I needed to buy good brushes for my furniture painting, so for mother's day she gave me a gift card to buy brushes, I got them and started working on a desk that needed a lot of work.




     The desk it's very well made, I think it's from the 1940's or 1950's, but it was in very rough shape, I cleaned it, sand it, used wood filler to fix the corners, sand again and finally painted it.
     I changed the pulls for a more modern look.










It amazes me how a piece of furniture like this one,  that is very old and has been very neglected survived all this years, and with the proper care it will survive many more years, all comes down to the quality of the materials and craftsmanship.

1 comment: