Friday 2 December 2011

December means Christmas

     Yes, that time of the year has arrived and with it, the urge to decorate for Christmas, I don't go too big with decorations, just the Christmas tree and one or two poinsettias but  this year however I decided to make some arrangements for the front of the house.
     I didn't buy anything though, taking advantage that we live almost in the country, we went for a drive and I collected five different kinds of pine, some branches and red dogwood sticks, my poor daughter was very scared of me going into the woods, I had enough greenery to make three urns, added some Christmas ornaments to the arrangements and I must say I'm very happy with the end result.


    









     These wreaths I made a few years ago, again I collected the pine cones in a park, attached them to a wire ring with floral wire and  added some fake berries and greenery.




After I finished the urns we went to our local home depot to get the tree, I have a fake tree but for three years now I've been using a real tree, I don't think I'll ever go back to the fake tree, it doesn't matter if I have to sweep every day around the tree or if it has imperfections like bare spots, some branches are too long or too short, or the trunk isn't straight, nothing beats the look of a real tree.








I had to add a piece of furniture that I finished last month. The painting was very easy but to get the top right was a long process, probably ten coats of stain and another ten coats of polyurethane, but I think the end result was well worth it, it went to a nice young couple, it's a big and heavy dresser, they had to rent a cargo van to take it home I hope they had some strong friends to help bring it to the second floor.








2 comments:

  1. Hello from Halton Region, Ontario! I found your blog through French Country Cottage. Your planters are beautiful and your tree is lovely. Great makeover on the console piece too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your urns are lovely! So pretty with the snow.
    Cheers, Andrea

    ReplyDelete